Vincent B. Ho resume
VINCENT B. HO
1534 3RD AVENUE
OAKLAND, CA 94606
- An entry level position in the computer industry in which my skills
will be utilized.
- Recent MBA graduate with marketing and computer
background. Proficient in all the major software used in windows,
database, project management, UNIX; including UNIX system administration
and programming, FOCUS programming, and ORACLE administration.
- Current: City College of San Francisco, pursuing UNIX administration
- San Francisco State University, MBA, International Business, 1996
- San Francisco State University, Oracle 8.0 Administration Certificate,
- College of William and Mary, BBA, Accounting, 1991
- UNIX System Administration sys V and BSD: Shell scripting;
Files configuration; Daemon processes; Account and password management;
File System backup; System startup and shutdown; LP system;
Web Server including Apache; System security; PERL.
- UNIX System Programming: System calls; File I/O and
Strings; Errors; Password; Terminal I/O (Curses) and Xwindows; Temporary
Signals; Makefiles & Utilities; Sockets and Networking.
- JAVA Programming: System Programming and Web Programming
(Applets, frames, and graphics).
- Windows and MAC: Setup, configuration, networking
(including TCPIP), and troubleshooting of Win95, 98, NT Workstation, NT
Server, and MAC OS; including various versions of international locales
Japanese, Italian, French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese.
- TCP/IP: Configuration in UNIX, including adding hosts and
network services, troubleshooting, and network security. Configuration of
routing tables, monitoring network traffic; Server setups; Configure
TCP/IP client software to connect different OS together.
- Web: HTML
- Novell Netware: Novell 3.11 and 4.0. Mapping, scripting,
managing rights and attributes, managing and creating menus.
- MS Databases: Access 7.0, FoxPro 2.6
- Oracle Administration 8.0 and 7.0: Start up and shut down an
Oracle Instance and database; Create an operational database; Manage
database files; Managing tablespaces, segments, extents and blocks;
Maintaining data integrity; Loading and Reorganizing data; Manage users,
privileges, roles and resources; Auditing; Use of national Language
Support; Managing security
- Programming: UNIX Shell Scripting, UNIX System Programming,
JAVA Programming, MicroFOCUS, C, SQL
- Misc. Databases: Paradox, Lotus Notes, DBase IV, Filemaker Pro,
- Proficient in UNIX, Windows, Mac, DOS, and VMS
LANGUAGE: Fluent in Chinese, Read and Write Italian, Japanese,
Read French, German.
Professional Experience and Relevant Highlights
SKYSOFT CORPORATION 98-5/99
San Jose, CA Consultant
Clients include Aurum Software, Lycos, and Backweb
- Installation, Configuration, Ghosting and Networking (using TCPIP) of
Win95 Win98, WinNT Workstations, WinNT servers of different locales
including Japanese, Italian, Dutch, French, German, Spanish and
- Installation, Configuration, and Ghosting of various software programs
including Aurum Front Office, Microsoft Office, Remote Desktop, VB6.0 and
Oracle 8.0, in different locales.
- Installation, Configuration, Networking, Ghosting and CD burning of
Japanese Win95, WinNT Workstations, and MAC 8.0 and all available Japanese
Internet Mail and Browser Softwares including PostPet, Outlook, Netscape,
Eudora-J, Al-Mail, Becky!
- Networking and setup test labs from the ground up, including
installation and setup of Microsoft Backoffice for Proxy and DNS.
- Provide technical support to testers, and act as liason between
testing team and clients.
- Wrote UNIX shellscripts for Windows NT error-checking for CD burning.
- Wrote procedures for various task documentations to be kept in
- Installation, Configuration, and CD burning of Win95, Win98, WinNT
Workstations of different locales on Toshiba laptops.
RYDER INTEGRATED LOGISTICS 1996-97
San Francisco, CA Customer Focus Representative
- Programmed and generated trend and performance reports to gauge and
audit account objectives (Access 7.0, MicroFOCUS, Excel)
- Programmed and analyzed clients' shipment to create a better profile
(Access 7.0 MicroFOCUS)
THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE, San Francisco Mayor's Office of
Commerce and Trade
1995 San Francisco, CA Office Manager (Internship)
- Designed and programmed custom database to improve solicitation
efficiency. (FoxPro. 2.6)
- Designed and implemented accounting system to improve financial
- Performed computer system setup and analysis (Windows and Mac) to
improve office efficiency
SAN FRANCISCO STATE UNIVERSITY OFFICE OF UNIVERSITY DEVELOPMENT
San Francisco, CA Student Assistant
- Assisted with network setup and equipment upgrade (Appletalk)